we are working to process our clothing drive donations and will not be scheduling any donation appointments until the mid of july. please check back at the second week of july.
We are now accepting SPRING AND SUMMER clothing.
Thank you for your generosity to our community.
Due to the overwhelming volume of clothing donations being offered to Suit Yourself, we have made some significant changes to how we are able to better use our volunteer and donors’ time.
If you wish to donate clothing, please book an appointment.
We cannot accept drop-offs during office hours, and we cannot pick up donations.
Acceptable clothing to donate
Suit Yourself accepts new and gently loved items suitable for the workplace, such as:
- Suits (both pant and skirt)
- Jackets, blazers and cardigans
- Dress pants
- Office appropriate skirts and dresses
- Camisoles and bras
- Dress shoes and boots
- Jewelry and accessories
- Outerwear (dress coats and jackets)
- Unused make up and skin products
- Hair products and accessories
- New women's toiletries (deodorant, perfume, body spray/lotions, etc.)
Help us help our clients by ensuring your donations follow these guidelines.
- Clean and free from damage. We do not have the resources to maintain extensive repairs and laundering of items.
- In-season and less than five years old. We want to provide clients with current styles that have a professional or classic business look that they can wear right away.
- On hangers. All clothing MUST BE on a hanger—this enables the donation appointment to progress quickly and makes clothing easier to sort and stock. If you need wire hangers, please tell us when you make your appointment and can have them available for you to pick up in advance.
Unacceptable clothing to donate
We are not able to accept the following:
- Capris and shorts
- Golf shirts
- Athletic wear
- Strapless tops and dresses
We appreciate that in some workplaces, the above is acceptable. However, we are unable to accommodate everything.
If we can't accept an item you bring to your appointment, you can:
- Take them home
- Redirect them to a partnering charity. Suit Yourself partners with Bissell Centre and local women's shelters, who distribute the clothing free of charge to women in need in our community. Suit Yourself also uses select items for seasonal sales or consignment. 100% of sale proceeds support the ongoing operations of Suit Yourself.
Please contact us prior to organizing your collection. We will work with you and your group to ensure that you collect items that our clients can use.
Suit Yourself donations of new clothing are tax deductible, as per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Suit Yourself will be happy to issue tax receipts for clothing donations provided they are accompanied by store receipts and store tags are still attached.
Request an Appointment- Please Note we will not be scheduling any appointments until the 2nd week of July 2017.
You can also call 780-488-9930 and leave a message.
Tax Receipts for Clothing Donations
As per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines on charitable donations, Suit Yourself can issue tax receipts for clothing donations only if the items are new and have tags attached. Store receipts must also be provided.
Men's Clothing Donations
Two agencies in Edmonton and area take donations of men's professional clothing:
- Alberta Job Corps, Alberta Works
Please email: Ruth Hanus
- Suit Up Program
Contact: Doug Stacey (780) 999-9206